GET THE FACTS:
- Engine Protection
- Only a microscopic film of oil separates metal surfaces in your engine from touching and causing wear. AMSOIL synthetic motor oils form a more durable fluid film than conventional oils due to their resilient base oils. They reduce wear and help you maximize engine life.
- Extreme Temperature Performance
- COLD: When the temperature drops, motor oils thicken and move slower, causing parts of your engine to remain unprotected for a short period of time. AMSOIL is more fluid at cold temperatures than the tested conventional oil, giving you 36% easier and faster cold starts. This means that it can reach vital components faster, providing more immediate engine protection and reduced wear.
- HOT: In order to keep on pace with the increasingly strict fuel economy standards, vehicle manufacturers are designing engines differently, causing them to run hotter than ever before. The average operating temperature is up to 235°F, and even higher under heavy loads. This heat can quickly break down the oil and cause oxidation, sludge and deposits. Recent tests show AMSOIL keeps engines 81% cleaner (5 times cleaner) than conventional oil by better resisting the formation of deposits.
- Fuel & Oil Economy
- FUEL: The base oils used in conventional oils contain molecules of different sizes and weights as well as unwanted materials, like wax. This typically requires more energy to circulate throughout your engine, which can reduce fuel economy. Conversely, AMSOIL synthetic motor oils are formulated using molecularly uniform synthetic base oils that slip easily over one another and are free of unwanted materials. They help reduce energy lost to friction and maximize fuel economy.
- OIL: If enough motor oil is consumed, eventually there may not be enough to reach all the complex parts of your engine, which can potentially cause damage. The tested conventional oil showed 60% more oil consumption than AMSOIL Signature Series 5W-30, requiring more frequent top-off. Conversely, AMSOIL Motor Oil showed 38% less consumption than the conventional oil.
- Environmental Conservation
- AMSOIL synthetic motor oils are designed to reduce emissions, last longer and reduce fuel consumption – all features that help prevent pollution. They resist volatilization (burn-off) better than conventional oils, which cuts tailpipe emissions, while extended-drain AMSOIL synthetic oils generate less waste oil and packaging waste since motorists use less oil throughout the year.